RUNGLI RUNGLIOT TEA ESTATE
Rungli Rungliot (also spelled as Runglee Rungliot) is one of the most famous Tea estates in Darjeeling district and is nestled at an altitude of 1308 meters (4300 feet approx.). Rungli Rungliot is also a village of Darjeeling Sadar subdivision in CD block of the Darjeeling district in the state of West Bengal, India. The name Rungli Rungliot literally translates into ‘this far and no further’ and the name is derived way back to the times when a Buddhist monk stepped into this region in search of the finest tea, after inhaling the aroma, and observing the light colour, he exclaimed ‘Rungli Rungliot’. Rungli Rungliot is actually one of the oldest tea brands of Duncan’s and this tea estate mesmerize tourists by the picturesque view of the undulating slopes of lush green valley carpeted with lush green tea bushes along with mighty Himalayan ranges of Mt. Kanchenjunga at the backdrop. Rungli Rungliot Tea Estate is one of the best retreat for tourists to stay in midst of tea gardens all over. The region of Rungli Rungliot Tea Estate is covered with thick blanket of mist lifts from the curvaceous mounds carpeted with lush green bushes and interspersed with lofty, dark Pine trees. The scenic beauty of Rungli Rungliot Tea Estate coupled with its strategic location makes it an ideal choice for tourist those who loves to stay in the lap of nature. The local inhabitants of Rungli Rungliot Tea Estate are mainly live near the tea estates and work in the tea processing factories to earn their livelihood. The tea estate of Rungli Rungliot produces orthodox quality tea and is one of the oldest and established tea gardens of the region.
Things to do around Rungli Rungliot:
- One can visit the estate factories and watch the processing of tea from fresh leaves or explore the place by walking through the tea gardens and interacting with the locals.
- In the tea processing factory of Rungli Rungliot tourists can get an insight into the stages of tea processing form drying, rolling and pressing to fermentation, heat application and grading. Each of these is worth a subsequent visit.
- Tourist can opt to relax on a chair to lounge in the sun with the company of orchids along with a host of other flowers appear higgledy – piggledy in the open spaces.
- Tourists can opt to join groups of women as they gather their baskets to trickle down the pathways where they will pluck the world -famous leaves dotted against the slopes, their intricate web present a pretty picture.
- For adventure loving tourists can avail movements on horseback or even on mountain bikes around the tea estate.
- From Rungli Rungliot Tea Estate tourists can avail a day trip to the nearby tourist destinations like Lover’s meet view Point, Peshok, Tinchuley, Takdah Orchid Center, Lamahatta Park, Gumbadara View point, Bara Mangwa and Chotamangwa.
- There is a religious monastery which is known as Dechhen Pema Tsholing Monastery, located in Takdah beside the caves of Maa Durga which is a place of worth visit from Rungli Rungliot Tea Estate.
- Being located within proximity to Darjeeling (29 km) and Kalimpong (35 km), Rungli Rungliot is an ideal stopover with at least two night stay within the tea garden which worked out easily with tours linking to the nearby tourist destinations.
How to Reach:
Bagdogra Airport is the nearest Airport to Rungli Rungliot Tea Estate located around 70 km away and is a journey of 2.5 hours by car. Bagdogra Airport is well connected by daily flight service with Kolkata, Guwahati and Delhi.
New Jalpaiguri Railway station is the nearest rail head to Rungli Rungliot Tea Estate located at a distance of 60 km away and is a journey of 02 hours by car.
Rungli Rungliot is well connected by strong motor able road with NJP railway station, Siliguri Junction, Bagdogra Airport along with nearby tourist’s destinations of Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Tinchuley, Takdah, Kurseong and others. The route to Rungli Rungliot is via Teesta Bridge. From here the main road is bifurcated in two different directions, one is going towards Kalimpong and the other towards Darjeeling. On the road towards Darjeeling one will come across Teesta – Rangit Confluence view point and it further extends towards Peshok Tea Estate. From Peshok one needs to avail the left side road towards Tinchuley. After crossing Tinchuley and Takdah Orchid Center tourists will reach at Rungli Rungliot Tea Estate.
Tourists coming from Darjeeling need to come up to Jorebungalow and take the left to Peshoke road. At a place called 6th Mile take right towards Takdah, while the original road continues towards Teesta Bazaar. From here tourists can reach at Rungli Rungliot Tea Estate.
Best time to visit:
The summer months during April to June are usually the ideal months for a visit to Rungli Rungliot. The maximum temperature during these days is 25 degree Celsius, which is considered to be the best for sight-seeing and other activities. However July- September is a period of heavy rainfall and if tourists love the rain then the beautiful environs here is also worth enjoying. The winter usually starts from October and last till February and is also an ideal time to witness the majestic view of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks along with the maximum activities of birds.
FOREST TEA HOMESTAY – A MINI DUPLEX HOMESTAY
Forest Tea Homestay is a mini duplex homestay lies amongst the famous tea estate of Rungli Rungliot in Darjeeling district. The location of Forest Tea Homestay can mesmerize tourists and tea lovers as the homestay is surrounded by greenish tea garden all around. The picturesque view from Forest Tea Homestay will surely fill the heart of every tourist with ampule satisfaction. Forest Tea Homestay is located at a very peaceful place with soothing climate far away from the madding crowd of city life. Forest Tea Homestay has all total six spacious rooms star category rooms to accommodate tourists.
Free Wi-Fi available.
Bon Fire & Barbecue.
Free Parking available.
In house Veg and Non Veg Restaurant.
Indoor Games facility available.
Glass House (Offers scenic view of the Tea Garden).
Pick up and drop facility available.
Rooms are wooden furnished.
Western styled attached bathrooms.
24 hours running hot and cold water.
Room service available.
Superior Rooms: 3900/-
Premium Rooms: 2900/-
Meal Plan: 600/- per day per person
HOW TO BOOK: Call us at 9831311606 , 9830381306, to get the current availability status or use the query form furnished below with all you travel queries and submit, we will call/ contact you directly.
Or, you may also directly book from our Kolkata office at: 8C Shanti Ghosh Street, Kolkata – 700003. Nearest Landmark: Manindra Chandra College and Shyambazar Metro Railway Station (Gate No: 3).